Thursday, June 11, 2009

Leaders on the Horizon

LOH Logo
LOH News
June 2009

Leaders on the Horizon
PO Box 1224
Stanwood, Washington 98292
360-629-4067


LOH is moving into its 4th year!  We are excited to see the LOH family continue to grow.  Thanks for being a part of investing in students' lives, discipling them, and empowering them to be missional people!
 
From Former Student Leaders...
Investing in kids makes a difference!
"Student leadership gave me my foundation as a high school student as well as the building blocks in developing relationships and doing kingdom work. I learned how to press into relationship with God and lead by His example in Jesus. I was taught how to read and understand different types of people and facilitate healthy interaction while showing them how valued they are to both myself and the group. In my adult life I constantly use the tools I was given in most group settings in which I find myself."
Kristen - now works in the RCA MFCA office

Ricky, youth pastor
"As a high school student, I was constantly surprised at how much ownership I was given for leading in the youth ministry.  When I graduated, I naturally assumed it was my role to continue being a leader.  I'm now the high school director of the same youth group."

Monique, missionary in Amsterdam
Being a student leader empowered me to minister and love my peers in a way that I hadn't otherwise felt free to do. Student leadership was used to help cultivate my gifts, passions and dreams. In addition, it helped me discover my place in building the kingdom. As a student leader I was cared for, invested in and equipped which enabled me to do the same. My time as a student leader greatly shaped who I am and what I am doing today... for that I am forever grateful!
It's Time!
To start thinking about LOH this fall...
Summer - camps, mission trips, fun with your kids!  It's also a great time for some deep conversations and for prayer about LOH in the fall.  Which kids are wanting to serve?  Which kids are asking questions and wanting to go deeper?  Invite them to be a part of LOH, even if they don't seem like "leaders." 
Some youthworkers choose to invite the entire youth group to do LOH, then offer an application process. Others do individual invites.  Whatever you choose to do, sometimes an invitation and someone believing in them is what kids need to rise up and realize their God-given potential!
 
Contact Us!

 
Leaders on the Horizon
PO Box 1224
Stanwood, Washington 98292
360-629-4067
www.leadersonthehorizon.com
bboersma@rcamail.net
bcleveringa@heartlandsynod.org
In This Issue
From Former Student Leaders
It's Time!
Ideas from Student Leader Groups
April Project Pic
S.A.L.T. (Stanwood Area Leadership Team - an ecumenical group of student leaders) is doing a "Summer of Service."  The kids have planned several service projects to do in the community, all summer long! 
Safe Unsubscribe
This email was sent to synodyouth.leaders@blogger.com by bboersma@rcamail.net.
Stanwood Area YFC | PO Box 1224 | Stanwood | WA | 98292

No comments: